Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Lines, Him

The Lines, Him
April 2010
Acrylic on canvas
140 x 193cm

Again I am working with the radiating lines, however I chose to make the piece more about how we are connected to the world on a more spiritual plane. I have used the idea of these light and dark lines creating the body as well as being emitted from it.
In religious iconography often the saints and prophets or whatever, have over sized eyes and ears (with which it is better to see and hear the lord) and are making symbols with their fingers.
I decided to go with the opposite and have neither eyes not ears or any real appendages, simply the halo around the head.
Think of it what you will, the piece isn't intended to be particularly religious, I simply prefer to put subtext such as that in to create interest and depth about the piece...
I want you to think when you view my work... at least a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment