Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We Are Lines

We Are Lines
April 2010
Acrylic on canvas (blind I tore off the window)
77cm x 150cm







This is the first from my lines series; it began with the meditation on how we are connected on this plane, so I would sit at the train stop and imagine all the angles my body was creating, and the lines that would extend off these angles, radiating from me and then blending and connecting with my surroundings.

This is a brief and simple impression of two people perhaps just standing near each other, their heads tilted towards the sky, their bodies trailing into the ether. 
Most people view the ribs and gaping mouths as having to do with pain, but it's more to do with baring ones self, they are stripped down, their skin stretched over bone, naked, baring all and releasing whats within.

No comments:

Post a Comment